This contemporary tiki cocktail created at Frankie’s Tiki Room contains a bright mix of fresh fruit juice, syrups, and rums. This recipe first appeared in our April 2012 issue along with Xania Woodman’s story Raising the Bar.
- 4 oz. pineapple juice
- 4 oz. ginger ale
- 1 1⁄2 oz. gold rum
- 1 1⁄2 oz. pineapple rum, such as Cruzan
- 1 oz. blue curaçao
- 1 oz. orgeat (available at Keg Works)
- 1 oz. passion fruit syrup
- 1 oz. fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 wedge pineapple
- 1 maraschino cherry
- Shake pineapple juice, ginger ale, rums, curaçao, orgeat, syrup, and grapefruit juice in a cocktail shaker with ice until chilled; strain into a tiki cup filled with ice. Garnish with pineapple and cherry.