Tuna Melt Canapés
Curry powder, raisins, and chutney pair nicely with cheddar cheese in this dressed-up tuna melt.
Yield: serves 2
- 2-3 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp. raisins
- 1 tbsp. mango chutney, chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 (5-oz.) can oil or water-packed tuna, drained
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 2 thin, square slices cheddar cheese
- 8 (1") pieces fresh chives, optional
- Heat oven to broil and arrange a rack 10" from heating element. Combine mayonnaise, raisins, chutney, curry, and tuna in a bowl and season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Cut each slice of bread and cheese into 4 triangles. Spoon tuna salad on top of bread pieces; top with cheese. Broil triangles until cheese is melted, 3–4 minutes. Serve garnished with chives.