Made with turkey bones, leftover stuffing, and leftover gravy, this recipe from cookbook author Marion Cunningham, is the ultimate day-after Thanksgiving one pot meal.
This "kitchen sink" soup will have you making extra on turkey-day just to ensure you have leftovers aplenty for the ultimate day-after Thanksgiving meal.
Yield: makes 10 cups
- 1 turkey carcass, broken into pieces
- 2 1⁄2 cups leftover turkey stuffing
- 2 cups turkey gravy
- 3 carrots, peeled and thickly sliced
- 3 ribs celery with leaves, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp. dried thyme, crumbled
- Salt to taste
- Put all the ingredients with 10 cups the water into a large soup pot over medium heat, bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Stir to break up all the clumps of stuffing and mix well. Let the soup simmer for about 1 1⁄2 hours. Add another 1 1⁄2 cups of cold water and let simmer for 10 more minutes. Taste for salt and adjust the flavoring if necessary. Serve hot.