SAVEUR Test Kitchen Director Kellie Evans demonstrates how to make elegant parmesan cups in minutes, using only grated parmesan cheese, a hot pan, and a drinking glass. These nutty, crispy cheese baskets are perfect for filling with salad, vegetables, or even more cheese.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
• Wedge of Parmigiano Reggiano (or other high-quality, hard cheese)
• Box grater
• Non-stick skillet
• Drinking glass or mini muffin tin
WHAT TO DO
1. Grate your parmesan using the large holes of a box grater.
2. Heat up a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Once the skillet is hot, sprinkle your cheese into even 6" circle. Once melted, flip the circle over and cook for a few more seconds.
3. Using a spatula, transfer the cheese circle and set it over an inverted drinking glass. If you want to make mini baskets, then make the circle 3 inches and set over inverted mini muffin tin. The parmesan will naturally drape over the sides of the glass or muffin tin, but you can also push the sides down using a paper towel to help this process.
4. Let the cheese cup cool. Serve with favorite filling.
Continue to Next Story