Chocolate-Dipped Pistachio Florentines
A glossy coating of chocolate makes these famously buttery, crunchy wafer cookies even more sumptuous.
Yield: makes About 8 Dozen
- ¾ cups heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 2 cups sliced pistachios
- 1½ cups finely ground pistachios
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cups sugar
- 3 tbsp. light corn syrup
- 3 oz. semisweet chocolate, preferably 54%, roughly chopped
- Make the cookies: Bring cream, sugar, and butter to a boil in a 2-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat, and stir in flour; add sliced and ground pistachios and vanilla and stir until evenly combined.
- Heat oven to 350°. Spoon teaspoon-sized portions of the batter onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets, spacing the portions 3" apart. Bake until cookies are golden brown and set, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze: Bring sugar, corn syrup, and 3 tbsp. water to a boil in a 1-qt. saucepan over high heat. Remove from heat, add chocolate, and swirl pan to coat the chocolate with the sugar mixture. Let sit without stirring to allow the chocolate to melt, about 5 minutes. Stir chocolate with a rubber spatula until smooth; let cool slightly.
- Dip half of each cookie into the chocolate glaze. Transfer to a sheet of parchment paper and let the glaze solidify.