Thai chile-infused Chartreuse and a pear syrup made with fresh ginger add a spicy, warming kick to a delightfully complex cocktail developed by Zachary Stevens. If you like a slightly less spicy drink, reduce the number of chiles or infuse the liqueur for just a few days.
For the Thai Chile-Infusted Chartreuse (makes 375 ml.)
- 1 (375-ml.) bottle green Chartreuse
- 5 fresh Thai chiles
For the Cocktail
- 2 oz. white whiskey
- 1 oz. Spiced Pear Syrup
- 3⁄4 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄2 oz. ginger liqueur
- 1⁄2 oz. Thai chile-infused green Chartreuse
- Thai chile, for garnish
- Make the chile-infused Chartreuse: Place whole chiles in Chartreuse and let stand for minimum 1 week.
- Make the cocktail: Fill cocktail shaker with ice and add all ingredients; cover and shake vigorously for 10 seconds. Strain into a coupe glass and garnish with a fresh Thai chile skewered on a cocktail pick.