Luke Burgess modernizes the classic brunch cocktail with kimchi brine and sesame oil at his restaurant Garagistes in Tasmania, Australia.
- 2 cups jarred kimchi brine
- 2 cups spicy pickle brine
- 2 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 cups bottled clam juice
- 1 cup tomato juice (preferably fresh)
- 1⁄2 cup (or more) vodka
- Toasted sesame oil, to garnish
- Fennel pollen, to garnish
Whisk jarred kimchi and spicy pickle brines, light brown sugar, and kosher salt in a large pitcher until sugar dissolves. Whisk in clam juice, tomato juice, and vodka; chill 1 hour before serving. Pour bloody mary into glasses; drizzle with toasted sesame oil and sprinkle with fennel pollen, if you like.