A combination of limoncello, lemon extract, and lemon zest add bright flavor to these nutty Italian cookies from Todd Eller and Nielsen-Massey.
- 4½ cups flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 16 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- ⅓ cups limoncello
- 1½ tsp. Nielsen-Massey Pure Lemon Extract
- 1 cup toasted pistachios, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp. lemon zest
- Heat oven to 350°. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl; set aside. Using a hand mixer, cream sugar and butter in a large bowl until light and fluffy; eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add Limoncello and lemon extract, beating well to combine. Slowly add dry ingredients; beat on low speed until combined. Add pistachios and zest and mix well. Pat dough into a 7″ × 15″ rectangle; bake until golden and slightly firm, 28-30 minutes. Let biscotti cool.
- Reduce oven to 300°. Remove cooled biscotti from pan; cut crosswise into twenty 9″-long strips; cut each strip in half to form 40 4½”-long strips. Transfer strips to parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, 40 minutes. Let cool completely before serving.