Pecan Cheese Wafers
Yield: makes About 2 1/2 Dozen
- 6 tbsp. flour, plus more for dusting
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>4</sub> tsp. kosher salt
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>8</sub> tsp. crushed red chile flakes
- 2 oz. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>2</sub> cup pecan halves
- Pulse flour, salt, and chile flakes in a food processor until combined. Add cheese, butter, and cream; pulse until dough just holds together, about 10 seconds. Form dough into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap; chill 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 325°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 10" x 12" rectangle about 1⁄8" thick. Using a 2" round cutter, cut out disks. Using a spatula, transfer disks to parchment paper-lined baking sheets; gather and reuse scraps. Lightly brush bottoms of pecan halves with egg white and press into tops of wafers. Bake until firm and crisp, about 15 minutes. Let cool completely before serving.
MORE TO READ
Our Best Pumpkin Recipes Celebrate the Flavor of Fall
Think outside the pie this autumn with these craveable cooking ideas from around the globe.
Don’t Fear the Dinner Party: Toasting Romy Gill’s Cookbook from Home
Recipes, tricks, and tips for hosting a Himalayan-inspired vegetarian feast.