This briny and bold-tasting Mediterranean sauce is ideal for roast lamb.
- 3⁄4 cup pitted dry-cured black olives
- 6 drained oil-packed anchovy filets
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp. sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup rinsed salted capers
- 8 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon or orange juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
Into a food processor put olives, anchovies, garlic, almonds, capers, and 2 tbsp. of the oil. Purée ingredients; add 6 more tbsp. oil a little at a time.
Season sauce with lemon or orange juice and pepper, to taste. Refrigerate overnight before serving.