Peanut Butter-Infused Bourbon
Effleurage is an age-old perfumers’ technique used to extract botanicals from flowers by pressing the fresh petals into a layer of vegetable fat. To similar effect, you can spread a high-quality, unsweetened peanut butter across a baking pan to maximize surface area, and then float some bourbon on top to pull out the flavors.
- 16 oz. creamy, all natural peanut butter
- 750 ml bottle of bourbon
- Drain the oil away from one 16-ounce jar of creamy, all-natural peanut butter, then spread the peanut butter in an even layer over the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Pour one 750-ml bottle of bourbon over the peanut butter and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside at room temperature for 24 hours.
- Line a fine strainer with cheesecloth or a coffee filter and set over a bowl.
- Strain the bourbon, then use a funnel to return it to the bottle.