Potato Salad Hot Dog
Throw this easy, gherkin-flecked potato salad on a hot dog, or simply eat it on it's own.
Yield: serves 4-8
Time: 40 minutes
- 1 lb. Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 oz. gherkins, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp. capers, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- 3 hardboiled eggs, chopped
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Cover potatoes with salted water in a small saucepan; cook over medium-high until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain, then rinse under cold running water until cool; dry, then place in a medium bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients, plus salt and pepper, and toss gently to combine. Serve over a grilled hotdog in a bun.