The New Orleans-born Ramos is among the best-loved classics out there, an ethereal and strangely light cocktail of gin and citrus, with cream and soda and an elusive touch of orange blossom water.
What You Will Need
- 1 1⁄2 oz. London dry gin
- 1 medium egg white
- 3⁄4 oz. simple syrup
- 1⁄2 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄2 oz. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄2 oz. half-and-half
- 3 dashes orange blossom water (also called orange flower water)
- In an empty cocktail shaker, combine all ingredients and shake vigorously for at least one minute. Fill the shaker three-quarters full with ice, and shake vigorously again for at least one minute.
- Strain into a Collins glass with no ice, then add 2 ounces of club soda. (The drink will be foamy. Add any excess foam from the cocktail shaker on top.) Garnish with an orange wedge and serve immediately with a straw.