Charleston chef Kevin Johnson gives asparagus a quick turn in the oven, then serves the spears with a zesty tahini-yogurt sauce—an inspired take on ranch dressing.
Featured in: "All The Best Ways to Cook Asparagus."
- ½ cups full-fat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cups tahini
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped dill fronds
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- Kosher salt and Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lb. medium asparagus, fibrous bottoms snapped off
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil