Cayo Romano Cocktail
Freshly grated nutmeg rounds out the flavor of this shaken rum-and-citrus juice cocktail from Cienfuegos, a bar in New York City.
Yield: makes 1 Cocktail
- 1 oz. dark aged rum
- 1 oz. silver rum
- 1 oz. ginger liqueur, such as Canton
- 3⁄4 oz. fresh lime juice
- 3⁄4 oz. fresh orange juice
- 1 dash allspice pimento dram (optional)
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- Freshly grated nutmeg and superfine sugar, to taste
- Fill a cocktail shaker with 2 cups cracked ice. Add all ingredients, cover, and shake vigorously for 10–15 seconds until chilled. Strain cocktail and serve up in a chilled highball glass.