This particular recipe comes from Puerto Viejo restaurant in Buenos Aires, but you’ll find chimichurri, an indispensable sauce for grilled and roasted meats, on most tables in Argentina.
- 10 cloves minced, peeled garlic
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 Tbsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put garlic, parsley, oregano, and red pepper flakes (or more, if you like) in a bowl and mix well. Whisk in olive oil and red wine vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Set mixture aside for 2-3 hours to develop flavor. Keep in a jar in refrigerator for up to a week.