A variety of fresh wild mushrooms work well for this dish.
Crostini of Wild Mushrooms
A variety of fresh wild mushrooms enhance this dish.
Yield: serves 2
- 1 lb. assorted wild mushrooms, stemmed, cleaned and thickly sliced
- 2 large thin slices of crusty country bread
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 tsp. garlic, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Brush the slices of bread with extra-virgin olive oil. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 3 tbsp. of extra-virgin olive oil, then sauté mushrooms until lightly golden, 5-10 minutes.
- Add 1 small minced peeled shallot, 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves, 1⁄2 tsp. minced peeled garlic and the sea salt and pepper to taste. Sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Spoon mushrooms on top of toasts, cut toasts in half, and divide evenly between 2 plates. Drizzle mushrooms with a little more olive oil and garnish with a sprig of parsley.