A staple of Junior League cookbooks, these miniature ham sandwiches are doused in a tangy butter-poppyseed sauce and then baked in the oven. This recipe, submitted by blogger Nealey Dozier, was the winner of our September 2011 Home Cook Challenge Recipe Contest. She writes that the recipe "was passed down to me from my boyfriend's mother. She is famous for them and makes hundreds each and every SEC football season. The beauty of these is that they can be served fresh from the oven, or they can be served at room temperature. Trust me, they may not seem like much, but they can move a grown man to his knees!"
- 8 individual white dinner rolls, like Kings Hawaiian
- 12 oz. sliced Swiss cheese
- 9 oz. thinly sliced honey ham
- 4 oz. (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 tbsp. prepared mustard, preferably spicy brown or Dijon
- 2 tbsp. poppy seeds
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce