Serve these garlicky shrimp with lots of crusty bread. This recipe first appeared in our March 2012 issue, with Dana Bowen’s story Good and Plenty.
- 8 oz. pancetta, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 16 medium shrimp, deveined
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 sprigs rosemary, stemmed
- 1 medium tomato, cored, seeded, and finely chopped
- Crusty bread, for serving
- Heat pancetta and oil in a 12″ skillet over medium-high heat; cook until crisp, 6–8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer pancetta to a plate. Add garlic to skillet; cook for 1 minute. Season shrimp with salt and pepper; add to skillet. Cook until pink, about 2 minutes. Add wine, rosemary, and tomato; cook until wine is reduced by half, 2–3 minutes. Sprinkle with pancetta.