At Havana, Cuba’s El Floridita bar, this daiquiri was a usual order of author Ernest Hemingway. This Hemingway daiquiri recipe first appeared in our May 2013 issue with Robert Simonson’s article Papa’s Favorite Poison.
- 2 oz. agricole rum, preferably St. George
- 3⁄4 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 oz. fresh grapefruit juice
- 1⁄2 oz. maraschino liqueur
- 1⁄2 oz. simple syrup
- Maraschino cherries, for garnish
- Combine rum, juices, liqueur, and syrup in ice-filled shaker; shake. Strain over crushed ice into a cocktail glass; garnish with cherries.