Michel Richard’s Deviled Eggs
Deviled eggs get an update with white anchovies and masago arare, Japanese rice cracker beads that mimic caviar. This recipe is based on the version served at Central Michel Richard at Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas, and first appeared in our April 2012 issue along with Abby Tegnelia’s story It’s Pleasure Central All Day Long.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 3 tbsp. sour cream
- 2 tbsp. anchovy paste
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 12 white anchovy filets, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp. minced chives
- 1 tbsp. white masago arare (optional)
- 1⁄2 small head frisée, leaves separated, for serving
- Halve eggs lengthwise; set whites aside. Place yolks in a small bowl, and mash with a fork; stir in sour cream, paste, mustard, and salt and pepper. Transfer to a small piping bag fitted with a 3⁄8″ star tip; pipe into egg white cavities, and then place an anchovy filet over each egg. Sprinkle with chives, and masago arare if you like. Place frisée on a serving platter, and place eggs on top to serve.