This traditional Iranian mixture of nuts, seeds, and dried fruits is a nice mix of sweet and salty and will keep for up to two weeks; it first appeared in our December 2012 issue along with Ramin Ganeshram’s story Midnight Snack.
- 1 cup roasted, salted pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup whole, salted pistachios
- 1 cup sugar-coated slivered almonds (or noghl available at Sadaf.com)
- 2⁄3 cup dried mulberries (available at Puritan’s Pride)
- 1⁄2 cup roasted, unsalted almonds
- 1⁄2 cup dried, salted chickpeas
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisins
- 1⁄2 cup dried currants
- 8 dried Mission figs
- 8 dried Turkish figs
- Stir together all ingredients in a bowl until evenly combined; store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.