Pesto di Prezzemolo (Parsley Pesto with Anchovies)
Capers and anchovies lend briny depth to this parsley sauce, which is fantastic tossed with grilled or boiled vegetables. This recipe first appeared in SAVEUR Issue #140 along with Laura Schenone’s story Glorious Pesto.
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup packed parsley leaves
- 2⁄3 cup capers, drained
- 1 tbsp. packed oregano leaves
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 tsp. crushed red chile flakes
- 2 anchovy filets in oil, drained
- 2 cloves garlic
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Process oil, parsley, capers, oregano, vinegar, chile flakes, anchovies, and garlic in a food processor until a smooth sauce forms; season with salt and pepper.