Capers and anchovies lend briny depth to this parsley sauce, which is fantastic tossed with grilled or boiled vegetables. This recipe first appeared in SAVEUR Issue #140 along with Laura Schenone’s story Glorious Pesto.
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup packed parsley leaves
- 2⁄3 cup capers, drained
- 1 tbsp. packed oregano leaves
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 tsp. crushed red chile flakes
- 2 anchovy filets in oil, drained
- 2 cloves garlic
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Process oil, parsley, capers, oregano, vinegar, chile flakes, anchovies, and garlic in a food processor until a smooth sauce forms; season with salt and pepper.