This peppery pesto is fantastic drizzled over steamed artichokes, grilled fish, or ripe tomatoes. This recipe first appeared in SAVEUR Issue #140 along with Laura Schenone's story Glorious Pesto
Yield: makes About 1 3/4 Cups
- 2 cups packed arugula
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>2</sub> cup finely grated pecorino
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>2</sub> cup finely grated parmesan
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>3</sub> cup pine nuts
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Process arugula, oil, pecorino, parmesan, nuts, zest, and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped; season with salt and pepper.
MORE TO READ
Don’t Fear the Dinner Party: Toasting Romy Gill’s Cookbook from Home
Recipes, Tricks, and Tips for Hosting a Himalayan-Inspired Vegetarian Feast.
Watermelon Gin Punch with Himalayan Salt
Elegant black tea and botanical flavors round out this pretty party punch.