Stuff a pork loin with this gluten-free basil-and-grape quinoa dressing. See also: A Lighter Pork Loin Stuffing
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 4 tbsp. butter, divided
- 5 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped shallots (2 medium)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1⁄2 cup halved red grapes
- 3 tbsp. finely chopped basil, plus for garnish
- 2 lb. center-cut pork loin
- 1 lb. wax beans, trimmed
- 1⁄2 lb. radishes, trimmed and quartered lengthwise
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°. Combine chicken stock with two cups of water in a 3-4 qt. saucepan and bring to a boil. Add quinoa and simmer 12-15 minutes until tender. Remove from heat and drain quinoa in a fine mesh sieve. Set the sieve back over the empty pot, cover with a clean kitchen towel and let rest 10-15 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp. butter and 1 tbsp. olive oil in an 8″-10″ saute pan over medium heat. Add pecans and toast them, stirring frequently until lightly browned and fragrant, 6-8 minutes. Add shallot, garlic and coriander, and continue to cook until softened, 3-4 minutes more. Remove from heat and stir in cooked quinoa and 1 tbsp. butter, mixing until combined. Fold in grapes and basil, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Make a hole through the center of the pork loin by inserting a long, thin knife or sharpening steel lengthwise through the middle of each end. Using your fingers, widen the incision to a 2″-3″ diameter and pack the hole with as much stuffing as possible. Using kitchen twine, tie the pork loin both length and width-wise to keep the stuffing in place. Season the exterior of the pork liberally with salt and pepper. Wipe out the stuffing pan and heat remaining butter and 2 tbsp. olive oil over medium-high heat. Sear the pork loin until browned on all sides, 8-10 minutes total. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Toss wax beans and radishes with remaining olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread in bottom of roasting pan and top with pork loin. Roast until internal pork temperature registers 145°, approximately 40 minutes. Remove and let pork rest 10-15 minutes before untying and slicing. Serve pork and vegetables with any leftover stuffing mixture on the side.