Federal Hill, the Italian-American corridor of Providence, Rhode Island, is home to some amazing dishes, including this one.
- 2 tbsp. raisins
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 bunches spinach, washed and trimmed
- 3 tbsp. toasted pine nuts
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 8 thin strips of lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Soak raisins in a bowl of cold water for 10 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook until soft, 4–5 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Cover and cook, stirring, until wilted, 2–3 minutes. Add pine nuts, lemon juice, lemon zest, and raisins. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve with lemon wedges and matzo, if you like.