This refreshing salad, which is based on a family recipe from SAVEUR editorial assistant Maria Xerakia, is the perfect accompaniment for rustic main courses such as grilled leg of lamb.
- 4 plum tomatoes, cored and cut into 8 wedges
- 1 medium cucumber, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into ½”-thick slices
- 1⁄4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano, preferably Greek
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- Toss olives, tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions together in a large serving bowl. Drizzle salad with olive oil and vinegar and season with oregano and salt and pepper. Crumble cheese over the top; chill before serving.