Roquefort and Walnut Canapés
This creamy blue cheese spread makes the perfect counterpoint to crisp toast.
Yield: makes 32 Canapes
- 16 (¼")-thick white bread slices, preferably Pepperidge Farm Very Thin Sliced Bread
- unsalted butter, melted
- 8 tbsp. softened unsalted butter, plus more to melt and brush on bread
- 4 tbsp. softened cream cheese
- 2 tbsp. brandy
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried mustard powder
- 8 oz. crumbled blue cheese, preferably Roquefort
- Kosher salt
- 32 flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 16 walnuts halves, cut into quarters
- Using a 2" round cookie cutter, cut out 32 circles from bread slices. Brush both sides of each circle with melted butter and transfer to a baking sheet. Toast bread in a 400˚ oven, turning once, until light golden, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat 8 tbsp. of the softened butter, cream cheese, brandy, and mustard powder in a medium bowl. Stir in blue cheese. Season with kosher salt.
- Spread about 1 tbsp. cheese mixture onto each bread circle and garnish with a flat-leaf parsley leaf and a piece of walnut.