The bartenders at the Gage Hotel in Marathon, Texas, make this summertime thirst quencher.
Yield: makes 1 Cocktail
- 1 (2") piece cucumber, thinly sliced crosswise, plus 1 additional slice for garnish
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>8</sub> tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>2</sub> oz. vodka, preferably Tito's
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>2</sub> oz. simple syrup
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the cucumber slices, thyme, and 1⁄4 cup crushed ice. Using a muddler, crush ingredients until slushy. Add more ice, vodka, and simple syrup. Cover, shake vigorously to combine, and pour contents into a glass garnished with a slice of cucumber.
MORE TO READ
Don’t Fear the Dinner Party: Toasting Romy Gill’s Cookbook from Home
Recipes, Tricks, and Tips for Hosting a Himalayan-Inspired Vegetarian Feast.
Watermelon Gin Punch with Himalayan Salt
Elegant black tea and botanical flavors round out this pretty party punch.