Thai Pomelo Salad (Dtam Som Oo)
Sweet pomelo pairs beautifully with chiles, peanuts, and mint in this recipe for a classic Thai salad from Talde in Brooklyn, New York. This recipe first appeared in our March 2014 issue with the story Winter’s Brightest Jewel.
What You Will Need
- 1⁄4 cup Thai fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 4 pomelos, peeled and supremed, juices reserved
- 2 fresh red Thai chiles, stemmed and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup trimmed watercress
- 1⁄3 cup roughly chopped peanuts, lightly toasted
- 20 mint leaves
- Whisk fish sauce, sugar, juices, chiles, garlic, and 1⁄4 cup water in a bowl. Stir in pomelo, watercress, peanuts, and mint.