Classic beurre blanc enhanced with ramps and chopped Cerignola olives makes a creamy, velvety sauce for grilled salmon.
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, minced
- 16 tbsp. cold unsalted butter
- 1 cup pitted Cerignola olives, roughly chopped
- 5 ramps, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 (4-oz.) skinless salmon fillets, pin bones removed
- Boil wine, vinegar, and shallot in a 1-qt. saucepan; simmer until liquid is reduced by half, 15–20 minutes. Reduce heat to low; slowly whisk in butter until sauce is smooth. Stir in olives, ramps, salt, and pepper; set beurre blanc aside.
- Heat a charcoal grill or set a gas grill to medium-high. (Alternatively, heat a cast-iron grill pan over medium-high.) Season salmon with salt and pepper; grill, flipping once, until cooked through, 5–7 minutes. Transfer salmon to serving plates; spoon reserved beurre blanc over top