Smoked Salmon with Fromage Blanc, Chives, and Pickled Celery
Pickled celery balances the subtleness of fromage blanc in a simple and elegant canape.
Yield: makes ONE CUP
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. sugar
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1 cup fromage blanc
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped chives, plus 2 chives cut into 1" pieces for garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Rye toast points, for serving
- 6 oz. smoked salmon
- Combine vinegar, 2 tsp. salt, and sugar with 1⁄4 cup water in a 2-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat; cook until sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool. When cool, add celery and let sit minimum 1 hour.
- Combine fromage blanc, finely chopped chives, salt and pepper. Spread on toast points; top with smoked salmon, pickled celery, and chives.