5 to Try: Chef-Brewery Collaborations
1. Masaharu Morimoto and Rogue brewery‘s toasty Morimoto Soba Ale ($23), brewed from buckwheat, pairs well with the roasted scallop with brown butter at Morimoto’s U.S. restaurants.
2. Chicago’s Superdawg and Lake Effect Brewing Company‘s Super Bier ($6) has a smoky back end that perfectly complements the city’s iconic veggie-topped hot dog.
3. Long Meadow Ale ($10), from Captain Lawrence Brewing Company and Four Seasons Hotel New York chef John Johnson, is floral with elderflower. Try it with maple-candied bacon at the hotel bar.
4. Pink peppercorn, sumac, and lemon verbena suffuse Zarabanda ($10), by chef José Andrés and Deschutes Brewery, poured on draft at Andrés’ restaurants across the country.
5. Thorn Street Brewery in San Diego tailors sweet Güerita Bonita Hibiscus Ale ($7) to the spicy Mexican fare of chef Luisteen Gonzalez at his nearby restaurant, Puesto.