With its unmistakable ruby hue and subtle bitterness, the Italian wine-based apéritif known as Cappelletti makes an excellent replacement for Aperol in this spritz. Erick Castro, the bartender behind San Diego’s Raised by Wolves, mixes the spirit with lychee liqueur, sparkling wine, and club soda, and garnishes the cocktail with a grapefruit twist instead of the usual orange slice.
- 1½ oz. (3 Tbsp.) Cappelletti Aperitivo
- ½ oz. (1 Tbsp.) lychee liqueur
- 3 oz. (¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp.) sparkling wine
- 1 oz. (2 Tbsp.) club soda
- Grapefruit twist, for garnish
- In a large wine glass filled with ice, combine the Cappelletti Aperitivo and lychee liqueur; stir. Top with the sparkling wine and club soda, then garnish with a grapefruit twist. Serve immediately.