A lively combination of colors and textures, this simple side dish perfectly complements grilled meats. It also makes a fine topping for a wrap and mixes well with rice.
- 4 large Roma tomatoes (1 lb. 4 oz.), cored, seeded, and cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 large Persian or English cucumber (12 oz.), quartered lengthwise and cut into ¼-inch chunks
- 1⁄2 small red onion (2 oz.), thinly sliced with the grain
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced cilantro
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 green Thai or serrano chile, stemmed, seeded, and finely chopped
- Kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. roasted ground cumin, for sprinkling
- Lime wedges, for serving
In a large bowl, add the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, cilantro, mint, and chile; toss well to combine. Season with salt, sprinkle with roasted cumin, and serve with lime wedges.