Scrambled Eggs with Asparagus and Crab
Asparagus and crab add texture and contrast to perfectly scrambled eggs.
- 4 medium blue crabs (about 1 lb.), cooked and meat picked form claws and bodies, top shells reserved
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 16 medium asparagus spears (preferably a mixture of green and white), peeled and trimmed
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 chives, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a medium bowl, combine the crab body meat with 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cream and season with salt and pepper. Rinse the reserved top shells and set aside on a serving platter.
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil, add the asparagus, and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and cut into 2-inch pieces.
- In a 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Season the eggs with salt and pepper and cook, stirring constantly, until soft-cooked, 8 to 10 minutes. Pour in the remaining 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cream and stir to combine.
- Divide the eggs among the crab shells and top with the asparagus and crab mixture. Garnish the eggs with the crab claw meat and chives before serving.