A look at what we're reading, cooking, and clicking this week.
• Food allergies are a food lover's worst enemy, but there's good news! Apparently, they aren't quite as common as they may seem. Washington Post
• Starbucks is introducing boozy drinks into select stores in Chicago, and Atlanta and Southern California soon. Happy hour at the coffee shop? Huffington Post
• The ease of fancy stand mixers can be tempting, but there are plenty of reasons to keep your whisk at the ready. The Kitchn
• Think Sunday brunch lines are fierce? Try dinner at one of these eleven restaurants, whose reservation systems are famously difficult to penetrate. Eater Nat'l
• Food and fiction go hand-in-hand: here's an appetite-whetting list of the best novels and stories where the edible is just as compelling as the plot. MetaFilter
• Travel rule #1 is always "avoid the touristy spots" - isn't it? Turns out some of them are worth it. Serious Eats
• Pictured: Hot Doug's is a tourist attraction actually worth visiting. Flickr