Tossed with a garlicky anchovy dressing, this vegetable dish is a great foil for rich pastas and roasted meats.
Yield: serves 4
- 8 oz. young puntarelle or dandelion greens, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 4 anchovy filets
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. red or white wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Put puntarelle into a bowl of ice water; let sit for 1 hour. Meanwhile, finely chop and smash anchovies and garlic to make a paste; whisk in oil and vinegar to make a smooth dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Drain puntarelle and pat dry; toss with dressing.