Sweet and delicate lobster, swimming in a rich, creamy sauce; enough said.
Yield: serves 4
- 1⁄2 cups finely chopped carrots
- 1⁄2 cups finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cups finely chopped onions
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 2 (1 1⁄2 -lb.) lobsters
- 2 tbsp. brandy
- 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- Place carrots, celery, onions, and wine in a large skillet and bring to a boil.
- Add lobsters, cover, and cook for 5–8 minutes. Remove lobsters from skillet and cool.
- Remove lobster meat, keeping claw meat intact and reserving shells. Slice each tail into 4 medallions and set aside to cool.
- Simmer wine and vegetables until wine is reduced by half. Add shells and brandy, and cook for 5 minutes. Strain and combine stock with cream in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until thickened.
- Reduce heat and whisk in butter. Add lobster and heat.