Green Beans with Lemon and Capers
Inspired by the briny flavors of veal piccata, this elegant side dish is simplicity itself: blanched green beans tossed in a vinaigrette of capers, bright lemon, and a beautiful olive oil.
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. capers, coarsely chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed
- Whisk together oil, capers, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; set aside. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil; add beans and cook till tender, 3-4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Drain beans and toss with vinaigrette; adjust seasoning to taste and garnish with zest.