Clifford Wright serves this Sardinian dish as an accompaniment to lamb and eats the leftovers as antipasto.
Cookbook author Clifford Wright serves this Sardinian dish as an accompaniment to lamb and eats the leftovers as antipasto.
Yield: serves 6
- 1-2 lb. head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into 6 wedges
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of saffron threads crumbled in a mortar with 1/2 tsp. salt
- 10 imported green olives, pitted
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Toss the cauliflower pieces with the olive oil in a large bowl. Toss again with the saffron.
- Place the cut-up cauliflower in a large baking pan in a single layer. Sprinkle the olives around in the spaces between. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil so the stem can’t escape, and bake until the cauliflower is tender, about 1 hour. Serve hot or at room temperature.