This normally chunky mayonnaise sauce of pickle, egg, and caper becomes a perfect dipping sauce for frites with a whirl in the food processor. The chervil can be substituted with parsley, tarragon, or a mix of your favorite herbs.
- 1⁄3 cup prepared mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup packed chervil
- 1 hard-boiled egg, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 cornichons, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. salt-packed capers, rinsed
- 1⁄4 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a small food processor and whip until thoroughly combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.