Tuna and Pickled Onion Crostini
When making this tangy Tuscan crostini topping, fold in the tuna at the very end for a chunkier texture.
Yield: serves 6-8
- 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. salt-packed capers, soaked, drained, and finely chopped
- 12 pickled cocktail onions, drained and roughly chopped
- 8 small gherkins, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 jarred roasted red pepper, chopped
- 2 (5-oz.) cans tuna in water, drained
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 28 thin slices baguette, toasted
- Using a fork, combine the first seven ingredients in a medium bowl. Gently stir in the tuna and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread 1 tbsp. of the mixture on each slice of toast and serve at room temperature.