White Bean and Tuna Salad (Fagioli e tonno)
Rich, fleshy cannellini beans, which are grown throughout central Italy, are used in this dish.
Yield: serves 4
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>2</sub> lb. dried cannellini beans, soaked overnight
- 6 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oi
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar 2 cloves garlic, minced Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1-2 (5.5-oz.) cans of tuna in olive oil, drained
- Drain beans, transfer to a 4-qt. pot, and cover with water by 3". Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until tender, 45-50 minutes.
- Drain beans, reserving 1⁄4 cup cooking liquid. Whisk together oil, vinegar, and garlic in a bowl. Combine vinegar mixture, beans, and cooking liquid; season with salt and pepper; transfer to a bowl. Garnish with parsley and chunks of tuna.
MORE TO READ
Our Best Pumpkin Recipes Celebrate the Flavor of Fall
Think outside the pie this autumn with these craveable cooking ideas from around the globe.
Don’t Fear the Dinner Party: Toasting Romy Gill’s Cookbook from Home
Recipes, tricks, and tips for hosting a Himalayan-inspired vegetarian feast.