Rich, fleshy cannellini beans, which are grown throughout central Italy, are used in this dish.
- 1⁄2 lb. dried cannellini beans, soaked overnight
- 6 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oi
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar 2 cloves garlic, minced Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1-2 (5.5-oz.) cans of tuna in olive oil, drained
Drain beans, transfer to a 4-qt. pot, and cover with water by 3". Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until tender, 45-50 minutes.
Drain beans, reserving 1⁄4 cup cooking liquid. Whisk together oil, vinegar, and garlic in a bowl. Combine vinegar mixture, beans, and cooking liquid; season with salt and pepper; transfer to a bowl. Garnish with parsley and chunks of tuna.
Continue to Next Story