1. Cut through the leg to remove it, popping under the joint to help remove it from the main body.
2. Using your carving fork, transfer the leg to the cutting plate.
3. Separate the thigh from the drumstick.
4. Stand the drumstick on end, and slice down the meat while twirling the drumstick.
5. On the thigh, make parallel cuts up to the bone on either side, and slice from there.
6. Remove all the carved meat from the cutting plate to the serving platter—place them in the center of the platter, so they can be surrounded by the more elegant breast slices. Repeat with the other leg.
7. Make a horizontal cut under the breast, all the way across, so that vertical slices come off easily.
8. Cut vertically along the breast, transferring the slices to the serving platter.