Crusty bread sops up creamy burrata and juicy marinated tomatoes in this pleasantly messy sandwich.
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. capers
- 10 oil-packed anchovy fillets, minced (2 Tbsp.)
- Crushed red pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- One 8-oz. ball burrata
- 4 small crusty sandwich rolls
- In a large bowl, add the tomatoes, oil, vinegar, capers, anchovies, a pinch crushed red pepper, and a generous pinch each salt and black pepper. Stir well to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest on the countertop or in the refrigerator 8 hours or up to overnight.
- When ready to serve, let the tomato mixture come to room temperature. Divide the burrata between the sandwich rolls and top each with some of the tomato mixture (stir briefly before spooning it on). Season with salt, pepper, or more crushed red pepper to taste, and serve.