Crusty bread sops up creamy burrata and juicy marinated tomatoes in this pleasantly messy sandwich from the Florentine enoteca Casa del Vino. Marinate the tomatoes overnight for sandwiches that come together in minutes. Check out more of our tomato recipes to celebrate the glory of summer.
Featured in "8 Reasons to Fall in Love with Florence."
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. capers
- 10 oil-packed anchovy fillets, finely chopped (2 Tbsp.)
- Crushed red chile flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- One 8-oz. ball burrata
- 4 small crusty sandwich rolls