Grilled Lamb Chops with Ginger Sauce
A fragrant mix of oyster sauce, cilantro, and ginger pulls double duty here as both a marinade and dipping sauce for lamb rib chops.
Yield: serves 8
Time: 2 hours, 45 minutes
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped scallions, plus more, julienned, to garnish
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp. minced shallot
- 3 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp. light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. minced cilantro
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. minced ginger
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 8 lamb rib chops, cut 3/4-inch thick
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Steamed bok choy, for serving
- Julienned red and yellow bell peppers, to garnish
- In a large bowl, combine the finely chopped scallions with the oil, shallot, oyster sauce, soy sauce, cilantro, garlic, ginger, and sugar. Add the lamb chops, toss to coat, and cover with plastic. Marinate the lamb at room temperature for 2 hours or refrigerate overnight.
- Light a grill or heat a cast-iron grill over high. Remove the lamb from the bowl and brush away any marinade clinging to it. Season the lamb with salt and pepper, place on the grill, and cook, turning once, until lightly charred and cooked to medium, about 6 minutes. Transfer the lamb chops to a serving platter, tent with foil, and let rest for 10 minutes.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, bring the marinade to a boil and cook, stirring, until reduced and thickened, about 10 minutes. Serve the lamb chops over the bok choy and garnish with the julienned scallions and bell peppers. Serve the sauce alongside.