Maldivian Breakfast (Mas Huni)
Test kitchen director Farideh Sadeghin discovered this simple dish while traveling through the Maldives; although fresh-cooked tuna is ideal, water-packed canned tuna works just as well.
Featured in: Eating Breakfast in the Maldives
- 1 cup freshly grated or frozen coconut
- 2 5-oz. cans tuna packed in water, drained and flaked
- 2 Indian green chiles, stemmed and minced
- 1 small red onion, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh chapati, for serving
- Combine coconut, tuna, chiles, onion, salt and pepper in a bowl. Serve with chapati.