This crowd-pleasing glazed rib roast was inspired by former SAVEUR Test Kitchen director Kellie Evans’ days as a film and television caterer—a job that required feeding many hungry people. For more of our very best Christmas dinners, check out all of our recipes here.
Featured in: "This Christmas, Consider the Cow."
- One 8-lb. bone-in beef rib roast
- 18 medium garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- Kosher salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped (about ½ cup)
- 2 cups ruby port
- 1 cup black currant preserves
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp. canola oil
Continue to Next Story