In this Italian American classic, sautéed shrimp are tossed with a sauce of white wine, garlic, lemon juice, and butter, then served with pasta. This recipe is inspired by the shrimp scampi served at New York’s legendary Rao’s.
Featured in: "Christmas Eve Means Shrimp Scampi."
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 lb. large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and butterflied
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. dry linguine
- 1½ cups dry white wine
- ½ cups chicken stock
- ¼ cups plus 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped parsley